Strategic Growth Advisory (SGA) is looking for an experienced candidate to join their fast-growing group. The SGA team helps high-growth companies with strategic support, including onboarding institutional capital, mergers and acquisitions, developing long-term strategic plans, and navigating complex transactions. This Experienced Associate team member will be responsible for a full range of services and will support the team with client accounting aspects of each engagement. SGA does not do typical accounting assistance with each engagement. This role will work with clients across the nation and internationally in industries such as manufacturing, distribution, technology, professional services, and health care.
Accounts payable and receivable management
- Strong knowledge of A/P and A/R and able to troubleshoot issues.
- Review staff reconciliations.
- Support month-end close end reporting.
Support all general accounting functions as needed
- Troubleshoot any issues with bank reconciliations.
- Troubleshoot any issues with ledgers.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Strong technical accounting skills, with detailed knowledge of GAAP.
- Create KPI reports or dashboards.
- Create a financial package from what a client determines is necessary or required.
- Adjust reports to meet client’s needs.
- Understanding of multiple accounting software systems.
- Understanding of Account Payable/Receivable software systems.
In addition, the qualifications needed include:
- 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Degree in Accounting, Business Management, or closely related field.
- Experience with various versions of QuickBooks.
- Proficient with PC environments and related software, including Microsoft Office and advanced skills in Excel/PowerPoint.
- Proficient use and analysis of computer models and development of dynamic spreadsheet applications.
- Very organized, with strong time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with staff and clients.
- Advanced analytical and issue resolution intelligence. Problem solving is essential.
- Ability to interface with team members and client personal in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
- Ability to work independently in fast -paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt in an ever-changing environment to meet client’s needs.